Monday, July 23, 2012

Reece

      The response to my blog was so overwhelming. I never expected it to reach so many people. I am so thankful for all that shared it with others and for all the sweet emails and phone calls. It is so awesome to have such positive thoughts and prayers as I move forward with this ministry. I am in the process of updating my blog (changes coming soon). I am also having brochures printed and will be working with several businesses/foundations very soon. God is working in awesome ways!
       I had my first official Shoots of Love session this weekend. I was nervous about keeping her and her parents comfortable and capturing extra special pictures of her with her family. When they walked through the door with Reece, her sweet smile melted my heart.

       Reece has Rhizomial Chondrodysplasia Punctata, Rhizos for short. Reece is 18 months old. She is such a sweet and beautiful girl! Even though she can't speak, her smile and happiness speaks louder than words. She is crazy over her big brother, Riley. When we were doing pictures of them together, she couldn't keep her eyes off of him.





        She is crazy over her parents too. Everytime we asked where her momma was, she would light up and look around with the biggest smile.



      I got the sweetest photos of her admiring her daddy. It was like they were in their own world when he was holding her. He sang her the ABC's and she hung onto every word.



       It was such a blessing to photograph Reece and her sweet family. Reece is such an inspiration. In spite of everything she has to go through on a daily basis, she is a happy baby girl. God has gave her a joyful heart! Please take the time to pray for Reece and her family. Her story has made me appreciate life and hug my babies a little tighter. I asked her Mom, Patti, to give me a brief paragraph about Reece. I will include it below.

"Reece has Rhizomelic Chondrodysplasia Punctata (RCDP). It is a very rare and terminal genetic disorder.... It affects 1 in every 100,000 live births... It includes shortness of her limbs, tight muscle tone, congenital cataract and developmental delays, but we let her be our guide and show us what she is capable of...She also has a feeding tube. Because of their small chests, Respiratory issues are the most common factors that leads to death... We cherish every day we have with her..Our photo session with Andrea was wonderful.. She took the time to make sure Reece was comfortable and happy and was very patient with her to make sure she got the perfect picture... She took pictures that are going to show how special Reece is to her big brother, Riley. We can't wait to see the pictures that captured the love we all have for our precious gift. We are forever grateful" - Patti (mother of Reece)


I will end this post with a scripture that made me think of beautiful Reece and every child that God creates...

Psalm 139:13-16 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you,when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Andi


8 comments:

  1. this is beautiful!!!!!! congratulations on such a wonderful project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather! I am so excited about it!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful, touching story. We will keep her and her family in our prayers. Wonderful pictures Andrea.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, Mom! Reece is amazing and so is her sweet family! I hope her story touches many.

      Delete
  3. Andrea,
    We are so proud of what you are doing. It is such an inspiration to see you put the talents God has blessed you with to work in a way that serves him!
    We love you,
    Brian and Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so excited about how God is working through this. You are the most amazing friend! I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciate your help! I love you so much!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Andrea on your first photo shoot with your new adventure and wonderful ministry.. What a wonderful story and such a darling little girl.God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete